About Ten Spot:
Ten Spot is a workforce engagement platform that creates collaborative spaces to unite a distributed world. Whether it is through team-based fitness, learning and development opportunities, or friendly competitions and challenges, employees create and strengthen social connections across departments and locations that otherwise wouldn’t have been possible. The end result is higher productivity and employee retention, improving our customers' bottom line.
About this role:
Ten Spot is looking for a Director of Product Management (level and title flexible -- this could also be a Sr. Product Manager) to collaborate with our UX and technology teams to build great customer-centric user experiences.
The Director of Product Management will spearhead early product/concept discovery and opportunity assessments. This includes conducting user research and building prototypes of new features and user experiences. For those concepts that move forward, the Product Manager will create user stories and work with development teams to implement, followed by performance measurement and success metrics of the products and features. To be successful in this role, you should have experience working with digital product teams, a strong ability to think and act cross functionally, and empathy for your stakeholders, peers, and customers. Having a strong desire to create business value by solving customer and end user problems is essential. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing products and features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
This is an individual contributor role -- as we grow the team, there will be potential to manage designers and junior product managers. This role reports to our Head of Product and is based in NYC, but open to remote.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with UX designers and engineers
- Lead product/concept discovery efforts, including user research and defining user personas and/or JTBD (Jobs To Be Done)
- Prioritize product and feature development to drive maximum ROI on development investments
- Collaborate with UX to visualize product and feature ideas in prototypes, UI concepts, and user journey maps
- Create user stories that define requirements and success criteria clearly for development team use
- Measure and optimize products and features to meet defined KPIs, and to discover core drivers of product stickiness and engagement
- Own and communicate timelines, releases, features and functionality, etc. throughout the organization and collaborate with marketing and account management teams to communicate externally
- Proven work experience as a Product Manager; experience as a software developer, UX designer, business analyst, project manager/Scrum Master or similar role is a plus.
- Working knowledge of wireframe/prototype tools (InVision, Sketch, Figma, Balsamiq, etc) and developer tools (Jira, Trello, Github)
- Experience conducting user interviews, user research, user testing (UserTesting.com, UsabilityHub, etc.)
- Experience with roadmapping tools like Aha, Craft.io, ProdPad is a plus
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Design or relevant field nice to have
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment is preferred
- Ability, and openness, to change as business needs evolve at a fast pace