Senior UI/UX Designer responsibilities include:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Conducting user research and defining user personas and/or JTBD (Jobs To Be Done)
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
About Ten Spot:
Ten Spot is a workforce engagement platform that creates collaborative spaces to unite a distributed world. Via team-based fitness, learning and development, or friendly competitions and challenges, employees create social connections across departments and locations that otherwise wouldn’t have been possible. The end result is higher productivity and retention, improving our customers' bottom line.
About this role:
Ten Spot is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to collaborate with our product and technology teams to build great customer-centric user experiences.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include conducting user research, building prototypes of new features and user experiences, designing graphic elements and delivering build-ready assets to developers. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
This role reports to our Head of Product and is based in NYC, but open to remote.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Conduct user research and organize/document feedback and insights; you will become our most vocal end user advocate
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate user flows
- Work with product and tech to execute A/B tests and optimizations of features already in production
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- 4+ years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role; experience leading a design/UX team is a plus
- Startup experience a must; must be comfortable with ambiguity, tight deadlines, and rapid experimentation
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe/prototype tools (InVision, Sketch, Figma, Balsamiq, etc)
- Experience conducting user interviews, user research, user testing (UserTesting.com, UsabilityHub, etc.)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field nice to have